Icons / Clip Art
- SoftIcons • Buttons, icons, images; some free, some paid
- Wpclipart • Public domain images which can be used and edited for personal or commercial use. No attribution or linking is required (although a link would be nice)
- Clipartpanda • Free images
- Cliparts • Free clip art for your documents, web sites or presentations. Requires linking back to their site.
- IconFinder • Primarily paid offerings
- ClipArtBest • Describes itself as "The best FREE CLIPART collection on-line"
- ClassroomClipArt • Free site with many types of clip art and illustrations
- HassleFreeClipArt • Free images and also includes a directory of many other good sites on one of their pages
- Picgifs • Gifs (animations)
- SEO on Google "Top 15 Places to Find Free Images Online"
Gadgets and Design Tools
- Map Maker • Enter an address to create a map. Offers a variety of features for size and appearance.
- Comicbookpaper • Walks you through steps of choosing panels to create a comic, layout, and template design.
- DonnaYoung • Printable comic strip layouts
- Scribblemaps • "The easiest way to draw and share maps"
- PrintablePaper • Variety of comic strip layouts to download
- Comic Strip Templates from the Curriculum Corner
- Cooltoolsforschools • Listing of Image Editors
- Cooltoolsforschools • Listing of Drawing Tools
- Cooltoolsforschools • Listing of Map Tools
Desktop Photo Editors
- Photomania • Photo editor offering numerous options in pencil, paint, artistic, and other types of effects. Does shrink images down to a smaller size but offers a lot of creativity.
- Foto • High quality picture editing, paint options and more
- Sumopaint • Online image editor and painting application that works in a browser. You can open and save images from your hard drive or save it to the cloud.
- Getpaint • Free image and photo editing software for Windows
- Pho.to/ • Wide variety of frames, photos inside objects, etc
- Pizap • This one is a ton of fun, featuring editing, stickers, frames, text and more. Loads of options but it does resize your image to a smaller version.
- Kleki • Paint Editor using your mouse
- Colorhexa • Basics of color; create matching palettes
- Colourlovers • Creative community where people from around the world create and share colors and patterns.
- Color Thesaurus • "The World's First Thesaurus of Color"
- Bighugelabs • Create a custom color palette from a photo
- "What you should know about Color in Marketing" Article
- TigerColor • Color theory and tutorials on using it
- "The 18 Best Photo Collage Maker Tools" Article
- Cooltoolsforschools Directory for all types of widgets
Check out my post for "Creative Sign Generators"
Wigflip • Site that creates tiny tags for visuals and graphics
Additional Clip Art Resources