Friday, April 29, 2016

"We all struggle" | I tried to explain what it's like...


Today I tried to write it all down;
because I wanted you to see -
what it's like; how I fight;
that it's painful, being me.




Each day is a struggle -
for what most of you;
take for granted; think is normal;
for me those times are few.

The barriers that rise up; are
made pof heavy concrete and stone -
They block off my path; I can't think;
it's the only way I have known.

Weekend's here; you want to go out,
I try but can't join you inside;
I'm mourning a loss -
Of something inside me, that has died.

Tomorrow could be different,
maybe I'll handle it well;
says the voice in my head,
the one that's tired of this hell.

While everyone shoots for the moon,
I stumble and fall; knowing it's better
to claw my way through a day -
than to have nothing at all.