Friday, November 25, 2016

The Day after Thanksgiving | Visiting Mom in the Nursing Home

It's a sort of damp, gray skies, moody kind of look from nature today. I guess it matches my mood and since I'm light-sensitive it is also oddly comforting.



It's my first trip back to concrete jungle since putting mom in a facility, taking away her freedom and effectively ending her life. While she's resented me for the past 20 years as the last and only member of the family, over the final few things have pretty much deteriorated. I'm so lucky to have had Joe in my life so together we could keep the promise we made to my dad 21 years ago as he left this earth.

I'm hoping that three weeks will have been enough time for mom to settle in and begin to adjust to her new place.






#delmarvausa • community advocate • localist
believer that "together we accomplish more"