Sunday, May 29, 2016

"The Meaning Behind Memorial Day"

"Our flag does not fly because the wind
blows it; It flies with the last breath
of every soldier who died defending it."



Memorial Day is not about cookouts or pool parties, fireworks or parades.




A veteran explains Why I hate hearing Happy Memorial Day - this article is worth reading! "It’s not Veterans Day. It’s not military appreciation day. Don’t thank me for my service. Please don’t thank me for my service. It’s taking the time to pay homage to the men and women who died while wearing the cloth of this nation you’re so freely enjoying today."





"Memorial Day is set aside for remembering those that died while serving their country. It is not a happy day. It is a day of remembrance of comrades, friends, and family members who have fallen in service to their country. Never wish anyone a Happy Memorial Day. If you can't think of something more appropriate to say, simply say nothing." Source