ICONS AND CLIP ART:
- SoftIcons: Buttons, icons, images; some free, some paid
- Wpclipart: Public domain images which can be used and edited for personal or commercial use. No attribution or linking is required (although a link would be nice)
- Clipartpanda: Free images
- Cliparts: Free clip art for your documents, web sites or presentations. Requires linking back to their site.
- IconFinder: Primarily paid offerings
- ClipArtBest: Describes itself as "The best FREE CLIPART collection on-line"
- ClassroomClipArt: Free site with many types of clip art and illustrations
- HassleFreeClipArt: Free images and also includes a directory of many other good sites on one of their pages
- Picgifs: Gifs (animations)
- SEO on Google: "Top 15 Places to Find Free Images Online"
GADGETS AND DESIGN TOOLS:
- Map Maker: Enter an address to create a map. Offers a variety of features for size and appearance.
- Comicbookpaper: Walks you through steps of choosing panels to create a comic, layout, and template design.
- DonnaYoung: Printable comic strip layouts
- Scribblemaps: "The easiest way to draw and share maps"
- PrintablePaper: Variety of comic strip layouts to download
- Comic Strip Templates from the Curriculum Corner
- Cooltoolsforschools: Listing of Image Editors
- Cooltoolsforschools: Listing of Drawing Tools
- Cooltoolsforschools: Listing of Map Tools
- Wigflip: Site that creates tiny tags for visuals and graphics
- Photomania: Photo editor offering numerous options in pencil, paint, artistic, and other types of effects. Does shrink images down to a smaller size but offers a lot of creativity
- Foto: High quality picture editing, paint options and more
- Sumopaint: Online image editor and painting application that works in a browser. You can open and save images from your hard drive or save it to the cloud.
- Getpaint: Free image/photo editing software
- Pho.to/: Wide variety of frames, photos inside objects, etc.
- Pizap: This one is a ton of fun, featuring editing, stickers, frames, text and more. Loads of options but it does resize your image to a smaller version.
- Kleki: Edit and paint by using your mouse
- Colorhexa: Basics of color; create matching palettes
- Colourlovers: Creative community where people from around the world create and share colors and patterns.
- "The World's First Thesaurus of Color"
- Bighugelabs: Create a custom color palette from a photo
- "What To Know About Color in Marketing"
- Color theory and tutorials on using it
- "The 18 Best Photo Collage Maker Tools"
- Cooltoolsforschools: Directory for all types of widgets
Three sites to create a customized message from Uncle Sam:
Personalize a birthday cake with lettering and message: