Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Maybe I should look up more often....

So there's two gentlemen outside of the local grocery store. One is on oxygen and the other one isn't exactly young. They are patiently ringing the bell next to a Salvation Army kettle and like everyone else walking into a grocery store on the day before Thanksgiving we are just following each other like dumb ants. And then I look up from my phone and I see one of men smiling at me. And I realize he's probably been smiling at people all day and most of us never look up to see it.....



I put my phone in my pocket, retrace a few steps and pull out a couple of dollars to put into the kettle. His face lights up like a Christmas tree as he grins and enthusiastically wishes me a blessed Thanksgiving. Maybe I should look up from my phone a little more often.






#delmarvausa • community advocate • localist
believer that "together we accomplish more"