Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A Collection of Vintage Christmas Cat Greeting Cards

What started out as a wish to cheer a friend who is down because of the pending holidays turned into my sort of fascination with these greetings of yesteryear. The wishes for Christmas range from ornate and stylish, such as well-dressed caroling cats and images depicting a number of felines outfitted in hats and clothing, to very simple faces and a few sprigs of holly (as shown below).


Many of them made me smile since I couldn't help but wonder what type of greetings may have been inside the card, as the illustrations of kitties experiencing the high life seems such a sharp contrast to our world today.




























I hope these pretty kitties bring a smile to your face! See my other posts and collections of more seasonal cheer at the links below. Thank you for stopping by my blog and Happy Holidays to you and yours.