Saturday, February 17, 2024

Some things are just not the right fit

I wish the act of moving on didn't cut so deeply. I wish I could embrace the act of releasing my grip on a goal, project, business partnership, etc., more gracefully and with enthusiasm, because it's okay to do so.


Know when to let go, "they" say.....but that's not me. What's in me is to try harder, reinvent the process, consider different angles, put in extra time, struggle, lose sleep, retool the approach, stress more. Because I have to give everything I run across 125%, at least. But when you've done all of that, and things still fail to click, you might be fighting a battle that's not able to be won.


I guess that's where maturity and wisdom come together, in many ways. We must marry the principles of common sense with practicality; productivity with freeing oneself from a win-less situation, but the ugly truth is how we allow emotions which swirl around such a process to shade and tint and color our emotions. I'm guessing some folks would jump in here and say, well, there's your problem - your letting personal feelings get into the middle of things again. 😄🙄 I know, because my life and work and projects ARE personal; because I pour pieces of me into making stand-out progress and determined, dedicated efforts. Of course it's personal! But the secret to caring deeply about a dream, goal, relationship, business collaboration, etc, is to have the ebb and flow of practicality; the wisdom to know that not everything works out beautifully every time.






Thanks for stopping by my blog ~ ðŸ˜Š

community first • marketing consultant • advocate for small business  lover
of classic cars • beach girl • believer that "together we accomplish more"