Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Deal Island-Chance Volunteer Fire Department in Somerset County, Maryland

I’ve been posting photos of fire departments of Delmarva for a long time. Sometimes I run across a large station in a city area that has a large following on Facebook and can tag the station or sometimes it’s a more rural facility where I have to really dig around online to find information. Neither scenario is any more or less important because after all, these are our first responders and volunteer heroes that answer the calls, day or night, in sweltering summer heat and frigid winter conditions.



For that reason, even if I'm only able to get one or two photos of a department I try to research their information and include it with my posts. This time however, when I found the website for the Deal Island-Chance VFD, there was a special surprise I came across (see below). Established in 1954, the Deal Island-Chance Volunteer Fire Department was originally housed in a former store. Visit their Facebook page here. (** note: as of 7/22/23 the website appears to be down, so I've removed it from this page).


The surprise I found? Here it is!

ANNOUNCEMENT: Great News!!!! We are thrilled to announce that the construction of the "BENNY BOZMAN FIRE MEMORABELIA MUSEUM" will begin in July.The museum will be located on the grounds of the Deal Island/Chance firehouse on Deal Island Road. behind the behind the boathouse. The "Grand Opening:" will be held in mid August, 2018. The date will be posted on this site as well as on the sign at the firehouse. The date will be announced in July." (I don’t see any updates yet but am hoping to find out soon.)


The Deal Island-Chance Volunteer Fire Department is located in Somerset County, Maryland. 

Thanks for reading!






community advocate | marketing consultant | dedicated to small business | fan of
classic cars & hot rods | beach lover | believer that "together we accomplish more"