Friday, January 27, 2023

Where No One Stands Alone

Today we - strangers, local residents, members of our military branches, ordinary people - paid our respects to two U.S. Army veterans. Two gentlemen who passed away recently were without family or friends, yet an entire cemetery chapel was packed to honor them.


I hope they could look down and see the community lined up to honor their lives and service. It's painful to know they each died without friends or family, but I pray they know how much they are appreciated now. God bless you both.




Driving the hour + to Dorchester County....coincidence some might say, but I believe hearing this on the way to Hurlock was far more than that. I've never heard this before, despite it having been recorded by numerous artists, and believe it played this morning for a reason. When I saw the little chapel in Hurlock packed to capacity - it didn't feel like the right time to be taking pictures, but I can tell you it was full to capacity - then I knew it had played for a reason.

"Where No One Stands Alone" Elvis Presley with Marie Presley




I'm still struggling with the fact two veterans died without someone in their lives....that haunts me. And knowing how easily we can reach out to folks who are alone, it should not be something that happens. I pray they saw the love from the family that came together yesterday, because no one should stand alone.

Here's the post from Delaware Patriot Guard (follow them on Facebook here), as they put out information like this frequently.




lyrics to Where No One Stands Alone

"Once I stood in the nightWith my head bowed lowIn the darkness as black as could beAnd my heart felt alone and I cried, "Oh LordDon't hide your face from me"
Like a king, I may live in a palace so tallWith great riches to call my ownBut I don't know a thingIn this whole wide worldThat's worse than being alone
Hold my hand all the way, every hour, every dayCome here to the great unknownTake my hand, let me standWhere no one stands alone
Take my hand, let me standWhere no one stands alone."







community first • marketing consultant • advocate for small business  lover
of classic cars • beach girl • believer that "together we accomplish more"