Thursday, August 22, 2024

Should the time come when you are choosing to be kind or just walk away......

In late June of last year I was still regretting having been kind;  still sad and confused about a difficult situation; sad and angry with myself for believing I could make a difference in someone's life. I felt disappointed for having followed my heart and done what felt right.... instead of staying cold and distant and not getting involved, even a year later, and then a couple of days ago, a post from a friend drifted across my Facebook newsfeed.

   
I'd walked into someone's life who didn't know me, saw I could make things better and stuck around. That decision led to some of the happiest times in my life, a few of the saddest days I'd known, and the realization that some people are simply incapable of caring in the same way; maybe not because they want to be hurtful, but for some other reason that is beyond their capability to fix. That realization became what I learned the most from in recent years; we are not here to fix or mend or play therapist, we may simply be placed in each other's lives to do what we can to make a situation better, or a dark place a bit brighter. We had a beautiful friendship, even though I knew he would gone soon, and for that limited amount of time, there was a lot of conversations, laughter, learning how to play cards, sharing stories of our lives.




If you are able to make someone's life better, do that; it won't change the world, it might not be forever, and it may wind up hurting your heart, but at least you'll know you did something that mattered. Maybe that's what we are all here for, to remember that despite feeling broken, we can still give hope, continue to shine a light in the darkness, keep trying to in some small way, to make a difference.




Thanks for stopping by my blog ~ ðŸ˜Š
community first • marketing consultant • advocate for small business  lover
of classic cars • beach girl • believer that "together we accomplish more"