Thursday, July 25, 2024

Why Choosing a "Real Florist" Makes a Difference

Why does "buying local" really matter? What is the reason many folks encourage their friends to "shop small", or select an authentic, genuine, independently owned business? I think I can best answer that by telling you about my amazing, talented, friendly, florist.....that I've never met.

  Picking a "flower artist" that you can actually speak with, explain your vision to, and who will create the exact piece you had in mind.... that's a big deal. I'm very lucky to have found an amazing florist near my in-laws that I use several times a year. 💐 Each and every time I pick up the phone and call her, she greets me enthusiastically, actually remembers my name(!), and always makes me eager to see what she'll create this time. She listens carefully to what I try to explain, offers an idea or suggestion, and it's like collaborating with a real artist as we plan the perfect arrangement to be delivered.



Since this is thousands of miles away, I'm never going to see what is delivered, but this florist goes above and beyond, making the extra effort to share a picture of the finished flowers as they are being delivered. That extra bit of effort may seem small, but when it feels difficult to connect with someone so far away, I'm left with this little sense of happiness that my relatives will be receiving the perfect arrangement.






Thanks for stopping by my blog ~ 
community first • marketing consultant • advocate for small business  lover
of classic cars • beach girl • believer that "together we accomplish more"