Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Ditch The Discord: Let's Move Forward, America

We are not "red" or "blue" people; we are Americans. Today I couldn't help but wonder if the time has come for us to cease blaming and instead start repairing...


It's not that I don't understand conflicting emotions and political division - I'm a hopeful person, not a clueless one. I just tend to believe we're better than the blame and discord and name-calling which has so widely manifested itself over the past few months. I know we can choose to move forward and to be better than the way we are now, and who knows? It might beat tearing each other down.



I declare Thursday, January 21st to be a fresh start and the beginning of a new and kinder era. We all have individual feelings and preferences, however not everything needs to go on Facebook as statements of contempt or digs at one other. The nation I was once so proud to vote for has lowered itself to mean spirited attacks and petty insults, none of which uplift, inspire or strengthen our relationships with neighbors and friends. Let's do this, America - let's look deep into our hearts and find the caring and kindness for our fellow humans once again. United we stand ~ together we are stronger.