Sunday, March 20, 2022

It's the First Day of Spring!

It's here; an ordinary, average Sunday morning has crept up on us again, unremarkable and no different than any other day this month....except today marks the official beginning of the Spring Equinox.

  
All month long I've been overwhelmed almost, by the thought of moving ahead to warmer days and pleasant temperatures, allergies and pollen too, of course, but mostly the warm weather is what appeals. It seemed this past winter would almost never come to an end....and of course now, on March 20th, I'm at a loss for words about exactly why. Maybe it was the presence of actual snow we had several times, which doesn't always happen here in coastal Delmarva; perhaps it was the long string of personal challenges or worry over going into another lockdown situation. Maybe it was my endlessly stubborn daffodils which I'd been watching eagerly since early February when they first poked through the dusting of snow we had, leading me to believe they were here to announce fabulous and early spring weather.....and then they did nothing but sit there as green stalks, while my neighbors yards boasted bright yellow patches of more aspiring daffodils.

 


But despite all these things, today is it; the "Official 1st Day of Spring 2022", and it's a beautiful one too. I feel the need to leap up from this computer and dash around somewhere to admire blooming trees, lighter shades of green and fresh, vibrant colors....and I will.....but right now I'm soaking it in and letting this sense of relief just wash over me. Here are some images celebrating today and I hope you too are reveling in the new season and fresh beginning of beautiful things to come.











Wishing you a peaceful and happy Sunday ~ thanks for stopping by my blog!


Sincerely,
Andrea




community advocate • marketing consultant • voice for small business
classic car lover • salt life • believer that "together we accomplish more"