Sunday, March 5, 2023

I'm Just.....Here

I'm watching a journey come to it's end.... being there as someone is fading and preparing to leave. My friend is fighting hard to remain here in this world, and yet we know the time which lies ahead of us is less each day.

 

I listen, do little things in the hope they will bring a bit of peace and comfort to someone in this stage of life; laugh, talk, and share stories. I care deeply for someone who's path crossed mine for unexplained reasons, but who I don't really know or understand, yet we share a connection. Despite not being lifelong friends, it feels as if we've known each other forever, and if I had to choose one word to sum up this experience....it would be "grateful". Grateful to have been placed here for whatever I can offer; thankful for the laughs and smiles and conversations we've had; blessed to find strength and peace in sitting quietly with a fellow human who appreciates the smallest things.


If anyone had told me there was peace to be found in the "journey of goodbye, I'd have thought they were crazy. And yet here we are, holding on to moments of joy and connections and simple interactions. It's a blessing and a gift, and yet each morning when I look at my phone, I wonder if this is the day no one texts me back.





community first • marketing consultant • advocate for small business 
 lover
of classic cars • beach girl • believer that "together we accomplish more"