Saturday, June 1, 2024

Finding out your friendship wasn't quite what you thought

That's a hard thing to learn; a jolt to hit a wall, find yourself in a situation where you've been there for someone else, only to discover an empty, cold silence echoing back....but we can't wear ourselves out trying to change people. Good friends are there to enhance our lives, not make them worse, or harder, and unfortunately, some people will never value friendships the way we might. That's a tough thing to learn - it is a raw, bitter kind of sadness which cuts deeply at the heart of a caring and empathetic human - it feels so difficult to accept that the energy and time I poured into a friendship is not reciprocal.


I blame myself. I blame my heart for caring about other people, feeling their emotions so vibrantly even when we haven't spoken recently; because it is out of the blue when I'll sense a vibe that reverberates through my soul, letting me know something is wrong with one of my friends. Usually my instincts are correct; most of the time my call or showing up is met with "but how did you KNOW!?" .....and I can't explain it. It's just a warning type of awareness which seeps into my mind, telling me someone is drowning in their sadness or struggle. But it's not a gift that is given back to me - not that I expect anything, but when people do connect in special ways, sometimes you begin to think that kind of response will be there when you fall too.




Thanks for stopping by my blog ~ ðŸ˜Š
community first • marketing consultant • advocate for small business  lover
of classic cars • beach girl • believer that "together we accomplish more"