Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Grief

I know - from having talked to many folks about grief - that this chart may be relatable for some, helpful for a few, and completely useless for others. There is no set path or one clearly defined pattern of sadness, loss, recovery of one's soul, and yet it might help someone to realize there ARE many stages and levels. 💞


I never thought I'd be here, looking at a simple diagram of sadness and it's journey; didn't think I'd need to give much thought to the process and layers of "letting go" so I could find my way forward. But after several years of burying the past, I was abruptly confronted with a lot of memories and objects from decades ago, and in sifting through those things and emotions I began to realize just how complex the path towards healing can be.


We all move at our own pace and process emotions in separate ways, so it's understandable that no set of suggestions or recommendations will achieve results for each of us. For each of us, however, I believe it is a procedure of acknowledging the losses, letting the stages of finality wash over us, and allowing the negative feelings to ebb and depart, that allows our brokenness to heal.






Thanks for stopping by my blog ~ ðŸ˜Š
community first • marketing consultant • advocate for small business  lover
of classic cars • beach girl • believer that "together we accomplish more"